Southern SaaS 2021
Event Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before registering for Southern SaaS 2021 (the Event). By registering for the Event, you agree to be bound by each of the provisions of these terms and conditions. References to “Callaghan Innovation”, “us”, “we” and “our” are to Callaghan Innovation, and references to “you” as the customer that purchases (or otherwise obtains) a ticket to this Event.
Pricing and payment
- All prices are listed in New Zealand dollars (NZ$). All transactions are billed in New Zealand dollars (NZ$) and include applicable taxes.
- All registration fees must be paid to us in full before attending the Event on 1 & 2 December 2021.
- Prices are based on payment by credit card. Please note that a credit card administration fee incorporating the card provider’s service charge is included in the price.
- Once payment has been received by us, you will be sent a confirmation via email that will include:
- A booking confirmation which details the Event and its associated activities that you have purchased; and
- The applicable invoice/and or receipt.
Refunds, cancellations and changes
- ‘No shows’ and ‘change of mind’ purchases are non-refundable.
- If you book and are unable to attend the Event, for whatever reason, you may send a substitute by notifying Callaghan Innovation of the name change prior to Wednesday 24 November 2021 by email - Kiwi.SaaS@callaghaninnovation.govt.nz.
- If the Event does not go ahead for any reason beyond our control, we will take reasonable steps to give refunds to customers, subject to deductions for our reasonable costs and expenses. For any other refund requests by customers, Callaghan Innovation may issue a refund but any refund will be made at Callaghan Innovation’s sole discretion.
- If you want to change or cancel your selected workshop session, please ‘modify your registration’ using the instructions provided on your registration confirmation, prior to Wednesday 24 November 2021.
- Because the programme content is planned well in advance of the Event, we may occasionally need to make changes to the Event and the line up of the programme. We reserve the right to make changes to the programme of the Event at any time. We will advise you of changes at the earliest possible date.
Filming and Photography
- When you enter the Event, and it’s associated activity, you enter an area - physically or virtually - where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By attending the Event, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used by us for whatever purpose we see fit, including for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Callaghan Innovation and its affiliates and representatives. If you do not wish to provide your consent under this clause, you must advise us prior to attending the Event.
- Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Southern SaaS events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of Callaghan Innovation.
- You release Callaghan Innovation, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video, presentations and/or sound recordings.
- By attending the Event, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged.
- You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Callaghan Innovation or the person or entity designated to do so by Callaghan Innovation.
Callaghan Innovation is committed to delivering a COVID-safe event and are following all Government guidelines including working closely with event suppliers to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- This is a live in-person event. Due to the ongoing uncertainty around alert levels and government restrictions on mass gatherings in response to COVID-19, we may decide to run the event online only. If we decide to run this event online only your registration will be converted to a virtual registration and you will be refunded the difference in cost. By registering for this Event you acknowledge and accept that this is not grounds for requesting a refund.
- If COVID-19 Alert Levels change to Level 2 or higher we'll contact you ASAP outlining our Level-specific plan and the options available to you. This includes options for those coming from regions outside Auckland with COVID restrictions. We have contingencies in place to ensure the Event can proceed at COVID-19 Alert Levels 1-3.
- You are responsible for any transport and accommodation costs that arise from the level change.
You are encouraged to take out personal travel and medical insurance which includes loss or damage of personal possessions, including loss of registration and accommodation fees through cancellation.
Code of Conduct
- We want you to feel happy and safe at our Event, and Callaghan Innovation is dedicated to providing harassment-free experiences for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
- We will not tolerate harassment in any form of our Event attendees or staff. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at Southern SaaS events. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or ejected from Southern SaaS 2021 without a refund at the discretion of the event organisers.
- If you feel unsafe at any time during Southern SaaS, you can make a personal report by contacting a Callaghan Innovation staff member, identified by their name badge and/or branded Southern SaaS crew t-shirt.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, it is expressly agreed that Callaghan Innovation, its legal representatives, directors and volunteers, and its agents, officers and services, shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind whatsoever suffered directly or indirectly by the person, possession or property of any event participant or other person in connection with the events of the programme or any other activities of Southern SaaS, for any reason whatsoever, no matter howsoever caused.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit or exclude Callaghan Innovation’s liability of your rights if you are a consumer for the purposes of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986. Notwithstanding the foregoing, where you purchase or hold yourself out as purchasing a ticket to the Event for the purposes of business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act will not apply to the supply of such services.
Health and Safety
Please consider the health and wellbeing of others before attending this Event.
Remember that if you are:
- feeling unwell or have any cold or flu like symptoms
- are self isolating or awaiting test results for COVID-19
- have a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- or have been in contact with anyone who fits the descriptions above, then you should not attend the Event
Data and Privacy
- You have the right to access your personal information recorded by us and to have it updated and corrected as necessary by contacting us.
- The Event booking site and registration platform and other materials may contain links or references to third-party websites, products and services. Information collected by these third parties, which may include your contact and payments details, is governed by the third party’s privacy practices or policies. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of those third parties. We accept no responsibility or liability for any third party’s practices or policies or your provision of personal information to them.